For website terms and conditions, please contact Poetry In Action.
School Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully the terms and conditions to which you are agreeing. This booking form is a binding agreement between PIA and your school.
We request 50% upfront payment within 10 business days of receipt of your deposit invoice in order to secure your booking/s.
Your balance invoice will be issued after the performance and is due for settlement within 10 business days.
PIA balance invoices are always issued for payment based on the larger number between your original booking numbers and the actual attendance numbers on the day.
If you have concerns regarding this policy consider revising your booking numbers down by 10-15% on this form before submission. The school is liable to make any payments by due dates.
CONTACT TEACHERS AND STUDENT NUMBERS
It is the booking teachers responsibility to ensure student numbers are accurate, payment is organised and the school is notified of the booked activities.
If a booking teacher leaves the school, it is their responsibility to inform PIA of a new contact.
By signing this form you are agreeing to a minimum 50% payment based on our terms and conditions.
Must be made in writing to PIA. Please email [email protected]
If a cancellation is made with more than 8 school weeks to the performance the school will forfeit their deposit.
Poetry Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering a poem into the Poetry In Action (PIA) Poetry competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Monthly Poetry competition Entries close at 5pm EST, last business day of every month.
- Your poem must not include your full name. Names of places and/or first names of people are, on the whole, acceptable. Just be sure there are no words in the poem that identify you as the poet.
- Entry is online only. You can enter via our website or via PIA Instagram page.
- Entries must be the original work of the applicant and must not be published in any form or currently offered for publication or submitted for any other prize. All authors must provide their own name on the entry form for administrative purposes. If you would prefer your poem to be published under a pseudonym, please note it on the entry form.
- All entries must be original. AI entries will be disqualified immediately, and the school of the entrant notified.
- Entrants are welcome to submit more than one poem.There is no limit on number of entries. A separate entry form must accompany each entry.
- The line limit is 30 maximum. Note: The 30-line limit includes titles and any sub-headings. There is no minimum number of lines.
- Staff of PIA and their family members are not eligible to enter the PIA Poetry competition.
- Entrants must be aged 11-18 years old.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into with either the judges, the staff or the board of PIA.
- By entering the PIA Poetry competition, the author gives permission to PIA to publish his/her poem. The copyright to the poem is always retained by the author. As publisher of the PIA Poetry Competition will have First Publication Rights to all submitted poems and may use any title or phrase from any entry for the purpose of promoting the competition. Any collection or publication subsequent to the PIA Poetry competition that includes the author’s poem should acknowledge PIA.
- Award winners may be required to participate in social media releases associated with the competition.
- PIA cannot be held responsible for errors by entrants entering this competition.
- By supplying your contact details you agree to us sending you opt-out correspondence.
- Once the competition entry closes, all submissions will be crosschecked for plagiarism. We will only contact you if uploading/submitting your work was not successful and if you have won the competition of the month /year.
- The monthly finalists poem will be turned into a short film and will be published on PIA’s Instagram page. The monthly poetry competition winner is announced at the beginning of the following month of submission.
- The winner for the year will be chosen from all the monthly finalists.
- Yearly First, second and third place winners are announced no later than 1st December every year. First Prize wins AU$500 and their winning poem will be published on our website and used (chosen sections of the poem or the full poem) in a performance in the following year’s tour. Second prize will win AU$250. Third place winner will win AU$100. They will be announced in our Newsletter and on our PIA Instagram page which is also published live on our website.
FAQ Section Block
Click for options.